Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

Seems like it's been snowing again in Ceres. We were there with Christa on the 28th of July last year, about a month and a half before Christa took ill. We listened to our favorite snow song "Let it Snow."

The weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful
And since we have no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....(and so it goes on....)

Christa and Chloe would make their little comments....popcorn? fire? at the appropriate places with a big yay and clap at the end.The song was playing over and over again in the car, driving Carl crazy! That was Christa's first and last time in the snow. It's snowing again out that way now and I think of my beloved little Christa and miss her desperately. Don't know if we will brave venturing out there again this year. Somehow in my heart it doesn't feel right without her. But maybe if others are going, it might change my mind. I think the two things I'm finding the hardest right now is contemplating whether or not to go to the snow this year if someone decides to go and Chloe's upcoming birthday. That was the last birthday I planned and Christa's last proper birthday that she got to enjoy. It was unfortunate that it wasn't hers. She was in hospital for her birthday. Praying that God will help heal my heart one day at a time.


No comments: