Friday, August 29, 2008

Chloe's Day Home

Chloe stayed home from school today as she was not feeling too well. She vomited early in the morning and woke up with little red spots around her eyes and cheeks. I started to get anxious and tried looking it up online to see what it could possibly be. Looks like it's probably a broken blood vessel due to the vomiting...something called 'petechiae'? It was hard for me not to worry especially after what happened with Christa. I have been praying asking God to give me His peace to guard my heart and mind. The spots are still there, but the paediatrician said not to worry as long as the vomitting settles and the spots do not get worse. A few days from today...Sept 3rd will be a year from when we found out Christa had medulloblastoma. I guess the whole event is just currently being replayed in my mind, and making me a bit of a nervous wreck. Thank God for praying parents and mentor, and of course His word the double-edged sword.

Otherwise, Chloe actually was quite fine...playing with Rachel and all. I guess being at home all day on a rainy day made her think of Christa and how it would have been nice to have someone to play with. She wrote on her board, " I MISS CHRISTA"....yes, me too!

No comments: